Thursday, March 1, 2012

Letter to Erika

Dear Erika,

So far in Romeo and Juliet, I have to admit that I don't really understand that much. But from what I do, I can tell that there are a lot of interesting characters so far in the play (who may or may not all be considered "good"). Romeo and Juliet don't really have a big part yet, but their parents certainly do. The Capulets and the Montagues have been fighting constantly, because theres some fued that's been running in their blood for like forever. They'll flip when Romeo and Juliet are together. Besides them, people like Sampson and Gregory really disgust me, how they talk about "throwing maids against the wall" (which is reall bad in today-talk) and sound like perverts (ha). I can't wait for us to get to the Romeo-Juliet parts.

As for reading this text, I would say that it's pretty difficult. The language is all different and things can get really confusing with jokes and puns. Because I'm not familiar with most of what they're saying, it gets hard sometimes to follow along with the story line. Something that might help you is the left pages o the book- on each page it gives you a little description of words you might find hard to figure out or define. You should also try relating what's going on in the story to things that could happen today or in your life.

Overall, I'm really liking Romeo and Juliet, even though I'm only like 20 pages in. I'm sure that once I get into the story I'll enjoy and understand it even more!

                                                                                                                                   With Love,
 
                                                                                                                                         Sydney

No comments:

Post a Comment