Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reading Response- Paper Towns

In Paper Towns by John Green, I've noticed the peculiar relationship between Margo and Quentin. I'm only in the beginningish-middle of the book so I dont really know how it will develope, but it seems like Margo Roth Spiegelman is out of Quentin's "league" even though he has a forever-lasting, undying love for her.

When I was at the very beginning, the author clearly showed that even though Margo and Quentin are nextdoor neighbors and family friends, from when they were little Margo has now moved on to bigger and better things. I also think that the author is trying to portray that Quentin and his friends aren't exactly popular, and that Margo is at the head of the list, always going on crazy adventures with her boyfriend. I like the fact that in the beginning Quentin admires Margo greatly, even though it may be from a distance, in school. A far distance.

After the very beginning, Margo comes to Quentin's window in the middle of the night and tells him he needs to come with her on some crazy adventure of excitement and revenge. So he agrees and they end up having a really great time. At the end when they both go back home, Margo tells Quentin that she really misses hanging out with him. I like how Margo is starting to be honest with herself in saying that it's fine to still hang out with Quentin. I also like that they're becoming closer and closer of friends because I predict that maybe in the end Margo will see that he loves her and finally love him back.

I think that throughout the entire book Margo and Quentin will develope a friendship that in the end will be greater than what they started out as. I think that Margo will realize that being popular and crazy adventurous is not always the best thing. Sometimes the best thing is just being with the one person you want to be with, whether or not everyone has to know. For Margo, that one person should be Quentin, since he is already in complete love with her. I think that by the end, when she's found (she recently went missing), she will realize that Quentin is the one for her.

1 comment:

  1. You did a really great job providing a description of the book, and indicating key things that took place in the story. Also good job providing opions about the book and elaborating on them.

    ReplyDelete