Sunday, November 27, 2011

Two Voice Poem

Both Voices, Voice #1, Voice #2

I don't know what's right.
I'm falling into peer pressure.
I need to get away from the pain.

There's a gun in my belt.
I need to protect myself from them.
In case someone annoys me.

Theres a red bandana around my head.
They told me I'd look cool.
I'm part of the gang now.

My mom kicked me out of the house.
I told her I was sorry
I told her I didn't care.


I wrote this two voiced poem about someone in a gang. The first line of each stanza represented the similar thoughts of the two different voices. The second lines were the first voice- this was the person inside who was actually doing the right thing, and realizing it too. Throughout this poem I tried to show that sometimes if you do get into these kinds of situations, there's going to be a lot of concious battle. One voice inside of your head will be telling you things like, "Yeah, come on, it'll be so fun!" but the other voice (the one who knows what's right) will be saying something like, "This is wrong, you're definitely doing the wrong thing." The contrast between the two perspectives shows that even though they can have similar thoughts, it results in different feelings about the topics because of the way you're looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment